Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Electric Avenue

So I was doing my blog stroll when I came across this beauty posted on Sarai's blog and nearly fell out.


There are few things in the world better than bias cut, perfectly draped silk. And so I find myself longing for the days when one routinely had a reason to own such a gorgeous creation. I say one because, well, that same era would require girls like me don a servicable dress and an apron while jealously and meticulously steaming this beauty for someone else to wear. At the end of the night, I would be shuffle sleepily down the hall to help the lady out of said gown and while she fell into bed drunk off her rear end from gin and tonic, I'd stay up an extra hour to make sure this gown was put away properly.

So maybe I don't love for the era so much as the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena