Monday, March 14, 2011

It's been a long time since I did that stroll


Allow me to tell you my deep dark secrets for a moment. The reason reason I haven't been blogging very much lately is because I was avoiding this very post. It's been a long time coming, I've been thinking about it for a while, and it's the whole reason behind starting this damned thing. And yet, I've been hiding.

You see, if I put it on here, then I kinda, sorta have to follow though, yes? Lest one of you ask me and I'm forced to admit that I have failed. It's a double edged sword because while I have all these lofty goals of a sparkling clean house, everything in order and a cheerful disposition, getting off my ass and getting it done is counterproductive to everything I know.



In the end, I know it will be better for me, for mr man, for the kidlets. At the end of the day, I'll feel all accomplished and have earned a sense of pride. Being able to have people over without worrying what the house looks like, being able to locate a pair of socks that match without combing through three piles of clean laundry stashed in three locations, not rebuying stuff I already own because I can't find it. All these things appeal to me.

But the idea of actually getting it done??



I feel you, soul sister. I feel you. (Incidentally, I despise that stupid song and I screamed at the TV when it won a grammy but that's neither here nor there.)

Isn't that apron adorable??

But, as always, I digress.

So what, you ask, am I going to do about it?

For starters, while getting up in time to make the niblets' lunches is a vast improvement over rousing from bed long enough to make sure they were clean and fed before falling back into bed until 11 or so, it's clear I need to do more.

Because again, dark secret time, I was getting up and making them lunch, yes. I was even getting fully dressed and doing my hair and make up . . . before going back to bed and thus defeating the purpose.


Hopefully, my hair looked cuter than that. Although probably not when I woke up.

So, it's time to, once again, step up my housewifery game.

I started out with a bang. This morning, my kids headed off to school with a nice hot breakfast of bacon and eggs in their little tummies. And miracle of miracles, I didn't choke the life out of my whining seven year old. It was enough to tempt me back to bed. But watching her chow down of a cheesy pile of eggs almost made up for the sniveling.  Now I'm not planning to make them bacon and eggs for breakfast lest you fear for their tiny little child arteries. But I will be overseeing breakfast from here on out. I even bought a loaf of cinnamon bread for the petester. In the future, I might even make some kind of bread of mufflin every week.

The niblets won't know what hit them.



Now, don't go worrying I've lost my ever loving mind. I can't imagine a thing on earth that would compel me to get up at 6:30 in the morning and don a pair of heels. You know, in case you were worried or anything.

I'll also be making a concerted effort to eat breakfast and lunch, around normal breakfast and lunch time. I sort of succeeded this morning. I forced myself to polish off the blueberry cottage cheese double I bought yesterday at wally world. I say forced, not because it was such a large amount of food but because eating breakfast is a foreign concept to my bod, unless you count ordering from the breakfast menu no matter what time of day I head to Denny's.



All went well until I walked into the kitchen to toss the empty container and spied leftover scrambled eggs with delicious bits of bacon peaking out from a blanket of melted cheddar cheese.

Oh, good intentions, how quickly thoust flee in the presence of temptations.

I consoled myself with the reminder that I'd actually pulled my ass out of bed before daylight and deserved a reward in the guise of tasty, tasty bacon.

Sweet lord, is this post long enough???

I'm gonna be nice to you and to myself and pick this up tomorrow.

And so I say good-bye for now.

Pray that I actually get my behind out of bed again, okay?




2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the war of intentions and desires...my pillow is never so inviting as the moment I know I should be getting up and being productive! I wish you luck at dragging yourself out of bed and eating breakfast. It's the first accomplishment of each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am fighting this never-ending battle. Or losing it, I should say. But good luck to you, you seem motivated and that's certainly a great start (along with your morning!).

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena