Saturday, April 30, 2011

How green was my valley

Remember Annabelle?

She was ::gasp:: STOLEN from my doorstep. It's sort of my fault. I wasn't even moved in when I stuck her out there and then I wasn't able to come back to the house for a few days. So who knows? Maybe someone felt bad for her and liberated the poor abandoned dear from her perch outside my door.

However, my need for growing things will not be denied so allow me to present Annabelle Too.

Don't ask me why the picture is wonky

And while I perusing the gardening section of Home Depot, I came across these lovely companions to the orange spearmint plant I picked up at the farmer's market a few weeks ago.

Basil, Rosemary, and Thyme

Annabelle whispered in my ear from her spot in the shopping cart and told me she didn't want to be alone either. So here are the Cleavers and the Waltons. I have no idea which is which. And I've never had a container garden or any kind of garden in my life so if you will, say a prayer for them. I guarantee you they'll need them.





What's in them, you ask? Uhm petunias, impatiens, carnations and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. But they both have a plant called Dusty Miller. They are those pretty little green things that look like they are covered with silvery fur. When I was young and walked around everywhere, I was drawn to those bad boys like a moth to a flame. If I saw them, I'd always stop and stroke their leaves. And now I have some of my own.

If I don't kill them.

My friend Anna will be sad to hear of Annabelle's demise. However, oftentimes, the second edition is an improvement on the first. May Annabelle Too be so lucky, at least luckier than Isabelle Two and her run in with her husband's bootlegger friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena