Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again


Or for the first time really.

I'm on the last vestiges of the first Child Plague of 2011 and well enough to launch my happy ass out of bed at 6:30 in the morning . . . okay, more like 6:53. Hey, at least I'm up. I am happy to report that I made actual conversation with the plaguelings beyond grunts and growls and participated in the act of getting them out of the house. At 7 and 9, the plaguelings are fully capable of getting themselves dressed and out the door with only a quick once over to make sure they didn't pull sh*t out of the dirty clothes pile. But it was kind of nice to talk to them in the morning beyond yelling at them to stop bickering every five minues. Pete was even nice enough to mix me up my morning shot of hot chocolate.

I could get used to this, I think.

So, what to do with my day . . . finish the aprons perhaps?

Yes, I'm still working on those pesky ass things. The extra purple fabric for take one arrived yesterday and I picked up another half yard of the owl fabric for take two to compensate for my own personal stupidity in cutting out a side piece backwards. I also finally won the war with my stubborn ruffler. (See picture above)

Let the housewifery begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena