Monday, January 17, 2011

A Whole New World!


Late one night, while perusing Etsy for vintage patterns I don't need and avoiding cleaning my house, a random thought occured to me.

"Damn I wish I'd been born and raised one of those people with the innate need to be orderly, neat, and well put togther."

It wasn't the first time I've had that thought, trust. But it was the first time I've had this little idea. What would it be like to live as a dedicated housewife? To be one of those women who puts dinner on the table by 6:30 every night? Who greets the day all cheerful and ready to organize something? To make orderly little grocery lists, let out seams, find a use and a place for everything, and generally be well ordered, frugal, productive and resourceful.

And so an idea was born. Perhaps if I swung the pendulum in the complete opposite direction for an entire year, it would fall to something within an acceptable range. As it stands, living one traumatic event or major injury from an episode of Hoarders is not working for me.

In one last hurrah to my old, procrastinating nature, I won't be starting until Sunday, January 23. For the entire year following, I will try my best to live in the spirit of those perky little housewives of yore, without the assistance of valium. Judging by that little picture up there, I'll be lucky if I make it a week.

So mix yourself up a Manhattan and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena