Monday, January 17, 2011

Get Ready 'Cause Here I Come!

So what's the plan, Stan?

Welp, Rome wasn't built in a day, people so I'll start off small with a handful of easily accomplished goals. The way I see it, sticking to said goals will be the real test. So here's what I have so far.

"Dress for the Day"

If you're anything like me, you probably don't bother getting dressed until you have somewhere to be. And since I rarely have anywhere to be, I generally sit around in my pajamas for the majority of the day. This would apparently be a major no no for a Fifties housewife. For the next year, I shall pull myself from bed at a decent time, don a presentable outfit, a dab of make up and maybe even some jewelry, even if I'm just planning to clean. I will not, however, be wearing heels to vaccuum.

"Early to Bed, Early to Rise"

I can feel myself having the shakes already. But if I'm going to be a productive little busy bee, I'll no longer have time to lay in bed watching the People's Court or stay up all night watching Highlander. (Don't judge.) And lookie here, the People's Court comes on at nine am, just about when I should be done in the kitchen and settling down for some sewing time.

"Organization is the key to a happy home."

Okay so I totally made that up. But it sounds nice, yes? I won't be a schedule nazi or a neat freak but a good portion of this experiment is dedicated to being less of a slob. Organization seems to be the place to start.

Well, that's it for now. After all, if I tell you everything today, what else am I going to have to blog about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena