Tuesday, January 18, 2011

She's Standing in her Underwear

I wish I could remember where I read it so I could give proper credit. But someone mentioned that only in the last twenty or thirty years or so have people relied more on diet and exercise than undergarments to deal with perceived flaws in their figure.

This could definately work to my advantage in the coming year. The simple fact is just as the lovely ladies in Steel Magnolias discussed, there was a time when no well bred lady left the house without the proper undergarments. I'm not sure I can commit to a full on girdle as I'm a cheap heifer and it's hot as hell in Georgia 75% of the year. But I do believe I can incorporate more nice underpinnings into my wardrobe.

Have you seen What Katie Did? The prices, while likely well worth it, are making the little baby jeebus who lives in my pocket weep sad tears of misery. And so, in frugal retro housewife fashion, I shall have to make do.

A little trip around the wonderful world of Etsy is in order, don't you think? After a quick look, I do believe this is a front runner. Though it doesn't seem like it, there's quite a bit I can do with this pattern. I could elongate the top to make a cute little cami or leave off the top for a half slip. The pattern on the right is the perfect size for my little pinky, I think.



P.S. Amy, I'm not buying them. I already have a couple patterns I can adapt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're not buying them. My shank is dull and I'm too lazy to beat you with a bag of oranges. That being said, if you'd like to construct undergarments for one of your more petite friends, well, you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena