Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here we go!

It's February, which if I'm a good girl and plan things right, should be my busy time. You see usually I wait until the last damned minute to make holiday dresses but after the Christmas Dress Fiasco of 2010, I have vowed change.

This year, I got a head start and ordered all my fabrics, patterns, and notions last month. I still have an order out with http://www.baltazor.com/ but that's because the lady was nice enough to let me send her a swatch of pinky's lace so she could match the silk ribbon I want to it. I love little fabric shops. They really are the best.

I've decided to enter a contest with http://www.evadress.com/ using one of her vintage reproduction patterns. More on that later, but for now, just know that it's due in March, I'm pretty sure and I'll have to make a muslin first, that is a mock up of the pattern in an inexpensive material in order to test constuction and fit. Usually I'm too lazy for such business. But reproduction patterns really isn't a place where you can skip this step. They are copies, you see, of a pattern someone found in some tiny little corner which may or may  not have been adjusted and may or may not be designed to be worn with period correct undergarments.

I also have to finish a baby dress for a friend, work on the knit shawl and the cloche hat I want to wear with my Easter dress, and make a Hello Kitty purse for a friend.

Wanna take bets?

In the meantime, I was looking pretty spiffy today so here's an OOTD. Forgive the crappy lighting. It was overcast and gross this morning.



And here's the other apron. I finally finished it! Unfortch, I'm a little unhappy with how wide the torso section is on this bad boy. Perhaps I should take it in about an inch? It just hangs weird, don't you think? And yeah, I'm well aware that my hair looks like Michael Jackson circa beat it. Shaddup.



*I swear on the lives of my plaguey little beastie children that I will blog furiously tomorrow. I've been planning a movie review of An Education for days and I just haven't gotten to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena