Thursday, February 17, 2011

Straight from the Heart


I straightened my hair for the first time since the summer and it totally looks cute? Doesn't it?

Alas, there is a reason I rarely straighten it. Aside from my burned fingers two hours later, straight hair takes a lot of upkeep from someone with my golden glow, shall we say. I have to wrap it up in a kerchief every night or it will look lank at the ends and fluffy at the scalp. Wrapping is a technique where you use a paddle brush to get your hair to lay around your head in a flat circle.

Uhm, yeah. I suck at that. Instead, I put it in an elastic and tie it up with a scarf. Unfortunately, that creates a bump in the back of my head, similar to what you get when you leave your hair up in a ponytail all day. The alternative is to pin curl it with bobby pins. Of course, the story of my life, I can't find the damned things.

So I'm using spiral curlers tonight.



Cute, right?

And here's one with the scarf. I picked it up at a Goodwill a couple weeks ago for less than two bucks.

 . . . Okay so pretend there is a light purple scarf atop my gorgeous curls as my phone doesn't feel like cooperating.

Yay, right?

::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena