Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm a Big Girl Now

Few things make me feel more grown up than dealing with p&p's extra-curricular activities. This past weekend was pete's Pinewood Derby car race.



Poor kid.

His mama could sew up an entire uniform from scratch if he needed me to. You ask me to help him carve out and build a car from a block of wood and I suck at life.

Lucky for me, the kid's got a great spirit. His car looked good and he designed and built it himself with limited help from me. Despite coming in pretty much last, he was very proud.



Next year, his dad is building that damned car with him.


1 comment:

  1. Good for him! Too many kids would've given up if mommy or daddy wasn't just doing it for them. Stories like this give me hope for the future (even if he pretty much came in last). ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena